Browse Items (1923 total)

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2556.jpg
The Oscar Stabler Farm, halfway between Brodhead and Juda, Wisconsin around 1905. On wagon is Oscar Stabler. In front of windmill are his children Gladys and Marvin and his wife Queen Esther Stabler.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2555.jpg
Poplar Grove School in Spring Grove township around 1910. Girl on left is Gladys Stabler. Third boy from right in dark jacket is Marvin Stabler.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2554.jpg
Josephine Hooker (b. 9/24/1854 d. 11/21/1939) & Katie Hooker Hyatt (b. 6/9/1876 d. 1/14/1966) at their family home in Spring Grove township near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2553.jpg
The pavillion at Bluff View Park, August 1924.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2552.jpg
Congregational church and parsonage in Brodhead, Wisconsin around 1908. This building stands at the corner of 10th Street and West 2nd Avenue.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2551.jpg
Launches on the Sugar River near Albany, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2550.jpg
SThe South Side School House in Brodhead, Wisconsin at an unknown date. This building stands on West 2nd Avenue and 14th Street.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2549.jpg
A postcard showing "Sugar River Scene in the Good Old Summertime" near Albany, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2548.jpg
Houses at the corner of West 2nd Avenue and 10th Street in Brodhead, Wisconsin, date unknown.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2547.jpg
Cottage at Decatur Park near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2546.jpg
Northcraft Decatur Park - Standing from left, Frank Northcraft, Grace Northcraft, Vivian Green, unknown, unknown, Mrs. F. Northcraft.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2545.jpg
North craft Cottage at Decatur Park. The boat is the Nautilus, owned by Northcraft. Fair Oaks, later owned by John Carroll and Jim Speth.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2544.jpg
Tyrone church and state line cemetery. Trinity Lutheran Church on the right is in Illinois. The cemetery is in Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2543.jpg
Men stand on a collapsed bridge, thought to be in Decatur Township near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2540.jpg
The Lunch Room restaurant and staff gather in the snow, April 17, 1921. This building was near the railroad tracks at 1st Center Avenue.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2539.jpg
A postcard showing South Side Park in Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2538.jpg
Stabler and Meinzer picnic at Bluff View Park east of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Meinzers are on the left, Stablers on the right. The lady at center is Jane Meinzer.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2537.jpg
Mirror Lake between Albany and Brodhead, Wisconsin, near the Pryce Farm.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2535.jpg
Summer camp of Oscar & Kitty Hyatt at Bluff View Park east of Brodhead, Wisconsin. They ran the park in the summer of 1924.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2534.jpg
A group of young people are horsing around at the Bridge Inn near the Sugar River and the Clarence Covered Bridge, east of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2533.jpg
A group of four young ladies stand on a car at the Bridge Inn near the Sugar River in Spring Grove Township, east of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2530.jpg
High School on Goodrich Street, later 10th Street, in Brodhead, Wisconsin. This building was later the Middle School before being closed.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2529.jpg
A colorized postcard showing Main Street, later 1st Center Avenue, in Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2528.jpg
A railroad bridge over the Sugar River just east of Brodhead, Wisconsin, used by the Milwaukee Road Railroad.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2527.jpg
Pine Bluff near the Sugar River west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in the town of Clarence.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2526.jpg
The original dam that created Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2525.jpg
A pair of small boats on the Sugar River near Albany, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2524.jpg
The Baptist Church in Brodhead, Wisconsin on the corner of 1st Center Avenue and 10th Street.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2523.jpg
A small boat, thought to be the Nautilus, on Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2542.jpg
Cast of womanless wedding production. Mrs. Mabel Rimm, pianist; Bill Wall, violinist; Clyde Young, butler; Frank Parker, punch girl; Dale young, present taker; Chas. Marshall, bride's weeping mother; L.J. Stair, bride's confronting father; C.J.…

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2541.jpg
Third grade class of the South Side School around 1900, Mrs. Dunn teacher. Rockwell Barns is in back row, third from left.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2531.jpg
Lewis Hooker farm in Spring Grove township on Spring Creek Road. In 1885, Lewis Hooker purchased 100 acres in section 15 and built this house. In 1866 he moved in with his wife and family until 1886 when they moved to Brodhead.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2522.jpg
Snow removal on Spring Grove Road during the winter of 1935-36. Plow truck is operated by H. F. Riese & Son Trucking, Brodhead-Albany, WI. Man at left facing the camera is Marvin Stabler.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2521.jpg
A southeast view of the Clarence covered bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2520.jpg
Pierce cow bridge over the race, north of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2519.jpg
Bridge on Park Road in Decatur township, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2518.jpg
Christiansen Bridge over the Sugar River on Ten Eyck Road west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2517.jpg
A new bridge is constructed near an older wooden bridge at an unknown location.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2516.jpg
Bridge over the Sugar River on Ten Eyck Road west ofBrodhead, Wisconsin. Gauging station is in the foreground.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2515.jpg
Wooden bridge on Ten Eyck Road, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2514.jpg
First bridge to Brodhead from Decatur across the Sugar River, 3/4 mile south of the old ford that crossed the river. August, 1904

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2513.jpg
The Solid Comfort Club at Fairview Place, July 21-August 4, 1891.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2512.jpg
Snapshot at Decatur Parks, July 17, 1910.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2511.jpg
A postcard advertising the Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration at the J.A. Young Cottage at Decatur Park near Brodhead, Wisconsin, 1906.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2510.jpg
A cottage on Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2509.jpg
Cottages on Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2508.jpg
Horsedrawn carriages on a bridge over the Sugar River in Avon township, south of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2507.jpg
A steam tractor was collapsed the bridge over Allen Creek near Albany, Wisconsin. Mr. Pryce was killed in the accident.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2506.jpg
Before and after photos of a tornado at the George Meythaler Farm near Hanover, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2505.jpg
Flood waters on the Sugar River at Albany, Wisconsin, September, 1915.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2504.jpg
A house is surrounded by flood waters of the Sugar River near Albany, Wisconsin, September, 1915.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2503.jpg
Flood waters on the Sugar River at Albany, Wisconsin, September, 1915.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2502.jpg
The dam at Albany, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2501.jpg
Bridge at Riverview on Ten Eyck Road west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Possibly called Christiansen Park.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2500.jpg
Flooding of the Sugar River along Decatur Road, northwest of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2499.jpg
Construction of the Highway 11 bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1976.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2498.jpg
Construction of the Highway 11 bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1976.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2497.jpg
Construction of the Highway 11 bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1975.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2496.jpg
A side view of the Clarence covered bridge, showing floor damage. The bridge spanned the Sugar River at Pine Bluff west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2495.jpg
A view of the underside of the CLarence covered bridge after a truck broke through the floor.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2494.jpg
The Clarence covered bridge at Pine Bluff, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2493.jpg
An elevated view of the CLarence covered bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Note the people standing in the foreground.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2492.jpg
The Clarence covered bridge over the SUgar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2491.jpg
A panorama shot of the Clarence covered bridge over the Sugar River west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2490.jpg
A colorized postcard showing the Clarence covered bridge west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2489.jpg
Clarence covered bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Built in 1864-65, the bridge was closed to traffic in 1931. The picture was possibly taken by a photographer from the "Journal".

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2488.jpg
The old Clarence covered bridge west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Built in 1864-65, it was closed to vehicle traffic April 22, 1931.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2487.jpg
Clarence Covered Bridge on Route 20, near Bluff View Park west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2486.jpg
A group of people stand near the Clarence Covered Bridge at the entrance to the Bridge Inn restaurant, just west of the bridge on the north side of the road, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. From left, Marvin Stabler, Blanche Springsted and Charles…

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2485.jpg
The Clarence Covered Bridge on Route 20 west of Brodhead, Wisconsin, with the floor destroyed by truck. Under the bridge; Ira Coates, Juda, his niece Mary Alice Dunwidde, his nephew Roger Dunwidde, Juda. Bridge was built in 1865.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2484.jpg
Clarence Covered Bridge on Route 20, near Bluff View Park west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2483.jpg
The Clarence Covered Bridge shortly after it was damaged in 1931. Two men stand in front of the barricaded entrance.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2482.jpg
A man watches a woman brushing her teeth on a porch.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2481.jpg
A man standing on the Brodhead, Wisconsin city limits sign.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2480.jpg
Fans at a baseball game.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2479.jpg
A group of women out for a swim.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2478.jpg
A man and two women standing by a phonograph machine.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2476.jpg
Actors from a play.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2472.jpg
The Old Maids, Mrs. Grace Kinkfoatrick, Mr. Fred Cole, Miss Jessie Rraulre, Mrs. Hattie Clark, Miss Clard Gruld-(Mrs. Frauk Fridge), Miss Winnie Bucklin, Mrs. Jessie Niles, Mrs. Glenn Fisher, Mrs. Frauk Ross, Mrs. Fannie Grutan, Mr. Dan Grutan, Mrs.…

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2474.jpg
A family of four camping at an unknown location.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2470.jpg
Back Row, Left to Right: Dave Timm, Gail Wheeler, Glen Cole, Fred Rowley, Walter Smith. Middle Left to Right: Mrs. Ross Heath, Emma Cole, Mrs Gail Wheeler, Mrs Walter Smith, Rose Heath. Front Left to Right: Elsie Nelson, Emma Taylor, Elsie Taylor,…

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2475.jpg
A Christmas play about Jesus and the kings.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2473.jpg
The Modern Woodmen of America post 1209 in Avon, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2471.jpg
Mrs. Margaret Fisher, Kittie Hyatt, Li-Emminger-dead, Lva Myenes, Maggie Flesk, Anna Pauley, Alice Cutler, and Lva Nordling, also known as the Old Maid's "Prni," given at Pythiau Sisters Inn Feb. 1, 1921 in Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2468.jpg
A football team practicing for a game.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2466.jpg
Two friends on a campout in the country.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2469.jpg
The covered bridge replica ceremony on the Sugar River State Trail, north of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2467.jpg
Justis Sutherland out camping near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2464.jpg
A couple on a horse buggy ride

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2465.jpg
Frank H. Dedrick and Justis Sutherland out fishing.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2462.jpg
A horse drawn fire wagon.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2463.jpg
A group of men bowling at an old bowling alley on Exchange Square, Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2460.jpg
The National Corn Picking contest outside of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2461.jpg
The 4th of July parade in 1924 passing 1st Center Avenue.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2459.jpg
A cottage along Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2458.jpg
The opera, "In the Sight of Heaven" performed in Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2457.jpg
A picture of the band in the 4th of July parade from 1924.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2456.jpg
The Green County Fair in 1910

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2455.jpg
A group of people and wagons near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2454.jpg
Field Day in Brodhead.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2