Browse Items (1853 total)

  • Collection: Photographs

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2586.jpg
Leroy Stokes, Canute Stordock and John Hyldand

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2585.jpg
Owners of an excavator used on Avon, Wisconsin drainage project. Richard Canterbury, Mr. Johnson (Owner of machine) Mr. Palmer (engineer).

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2583.jpg
Laborers working on an excavating project near Avon, Wisconsin. Standing: Mr. and Mrs. Cuplun (cooks) Mr. Palmer Jimmy French Seated: Mr. Gorset (oxen driver) Herbert Hawkins Lee Jones Lou Jones.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2584.jpg
A pair of yoked oxen named Joe and Tige.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2582.jpg
A steam powered excavator works near Avon, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2581.jpg
An Austin Excavator works on the Avon Drainage Canal near the Enderson Farm, Avon, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2580.jpg
A steam powered ditching machine is shown working on the Avon Drainage Canal with the Benson Farm in the background, near Avon, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2579.jpg
The Krause family poses on the Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2578.jpg
The Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin, by White Photography.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2577.jpg
A wooden walk bridge above the Decatur Dan near Brodhead, Wisconsin. Date unknown.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2576.jpg
The Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin, frozen in the winter.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2575.jpg
Children standing on the Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin. Date unknown.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2574.jpg
A family shows off their fish catch of the day at the Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2573.jpg
The Decatur Lake Country Club near Brodhead, Wisconsin as seen from across Decatur Lake. "The Sportiest Course by a Dam Site"

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2572.jpg
An early picture of the original Decatur Dam, made of wood, near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2571.jpg
People standing on Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2570.jpg
Flood water course over the Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2569.jpg
The Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin, November, 1975.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2568.jpg
A picture of Decatur Dam from the fall of 1912.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2567.jpg
A picture of the old wooden Decatur Dam taken from a distance.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2566.jpg
People standing on the "New" concrete Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1911.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2565.jpg
A group of friends on the Decatur Dam near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2564.jpg
The original Decatur Dam when it was made of wood.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2563.jpg
Two people stand on a small foot bridge near Decatur Lake, Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2562.jpg
A view of Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin. This image was taken from a Souvenir Decatur Parks booklet.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2561.jpg
View near Hanging Rock on Searles Creek in Decatur, near Brodhead, Wisconsin. This image was taken from a Souvenir Decatur Parks booklet.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2560.jpg
The original Decatur Dam in Decatur township, north of Brodhead, Wisconsin. This image was taken from a Souvenir Decatur Parks booklet.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2559.jpg
Decatur Dam near Brodhead Wisconsin, date unknown. This image was taken from a Souvenir Decatur Parks booklet.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2558.jpg
Stabler home in the 1500 block of West 3rd Avenue, Brodhead, Wisconsin. Date unknown.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2557.jpg
Carding Mill on Spring Creek, Spring Grove township near Brodhead, Wisconsin. Date unknown.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2556.jpg
The Oscar Stabler Farm, halfway between Brodhead and Juda, Wisconsin around 1905. On wagon is Oscar Stabler. In front of windmill are his children Gladys and Marvin and his wife Queen Esther Stabler.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2555.jpg
Poplar Grove School in Spring Grove township around 1910. Girl on left is Gladys Stabler. Third boy from right in dark jacket is Marvin Stabler.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2554.jpg
Josephine Hooker (b. 9/24/1854 d. 11/21/1939) & Katie Hooker Hyatt (b. 6/9/1876 d. 1/14/1966) at their family home in Spring Grove township near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2553.jpg
The pavillion at Bluff View Park, August 1924.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2552.jpg
Congregational church and parsonage in Brodhead, Wisconsin around 1908. This building stands at the corner of 10th Street and West 2nd Avenue.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2551.jpg
Launches on the Sugar River near Albany, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2550.jpg
SThe South Side School House in Brodhead, Wisconsin at an unknown date. This building stands on West 2nd Avenue and 14th Street.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2549.jpg
A postcard showing "Sugar River Scene in the Good Old Summertime" near Albany, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2548.jpg
Houses at the corner of West 2nd Avenue and 10th Street in Brodhead, Wisconsin, date unknown.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2547.jpg
Cottage at Decatur Park near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2546.jpg
Northcraft Decatur Park - Standing from left, Frank Northcraft, Grace Northcraft, Vivian Green, unknown, unknown, Mrs. F. Northcraft.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2545.jpg
North craft Cottage at Decatur Park. The boat is the Nautilus, owned by Northcraft. Fair Oaks, later owned by John Carroll and Jim Speth.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2544.jpg
Tyrone church and state line cemetery. Trinity Lutheran Church on the right is in Illinois. The cemetery is in Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2543.jpg
Men stand on a collapsed bridge, thought to be in Decatur Township near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2540.jpg
The Lunch Room restaurant and staff gather in the snow, April 17, 1921. This building was near the railroad tracks at 1st Center Avenue.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2539.jpg
A postcard showing South Side Park in Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2538.jpg
Stabler and Meinzer picnic at Bluff View Park east of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Meinzers are on the left, Stablers on the right. The lady at center is Jane Meinzer.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2537.jpg
Mirror Lake between Albany and Brodhead, Wisconsin, near the Pryce Farm.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2535.jpg
Summer camp of Oscar & Kitty Hyatt at Bluff View Park east of Brodhead, Wisconsin. They ran the park in the summer of 1924.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2534.jpg
A group of young people are horsing around at the Bridge Inn near the Sugar River and the Clarence Covered Bridge, east of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2533.jpg
A group of four young ladies stand on a car at the Bridge Inn near the Sugar River in Spring Grove Township, east of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2530.jpg
High School on Goodrich Street, later 10th Street, in Brodhead, Wisconsin. This building was later the Middle School before being closed.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2529.jpg
A colorized postcard showing Main Street, later 1st Center Avenue, in Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2528.jpg
A railroad bridge over the Sugar River just east of Brodhead, Wisconsin, used by the Milwaukee Road Railroad.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2527.jpg
Pine Bluff near the Sugar River west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in the town of Clarence.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2526.jpg
The original dam that created Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2525.jpg
A pair of small boats on the Sugar River near Albany, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2524.jpg
The Baptist Church in Brodhead, Wisconsin on the corner of 1st Center Avenue and 10th Street.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2523.jpg
A small boat, thought to be the Nautilus, on Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2542.jpg
Cast of womanless wedding production. Mrs. Mabel Rimm, pianist; Bill Wall, violinist; Clyde Young, butler; Frank Parker, punch girl; Dale young, present taker; Chas. Marshall, bride's weeping mother; L.J. Stair, bride's confronting father; C.J.…

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2541.jpg
Third grade class of the South Side School around 1900, Mrs. Dunn teacher. Rockwell Barns is in back row, third from left.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2531.jpg
Lewis Hooker farm in Spring Grove township on Spring Creek Road. In 1885, Lewis Hooker purchased 100 acres in section 15 and built this house. In 1866 he moved in with his wife and family until 1886 when they moved to Brodhead.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2522.jpg
Snow removal on Spring Grove Road during the winter of 1935-36. Plow truck is operated by H. F. Riese & Son Trucking, Brodhead-Albany, WI. Man at left facing the camera is Marvin Stabler.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2521.jpg
A southeast view of the Clarence covered bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2520.jpg
Pierce cow bridge over the race, north of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2519.jpg
Bridge on Park Road in Decatur township, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2518.jpg
Christiansen Bridge over the Sugar River on Ten Eyck Road west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2517.jpg
A new bridge is constructed near an older wooden bridge at an unknown location.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2516.jpg
Bridge over the Sugar River on Ten Eyck Road west ofBrodhead, Wisconsin. Gauging station is in the foreground.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2515.jpg
Wooden bridge on Ten Eyck Road, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2514.jpg
First bridge to Brodhead from Decatur across the Sugar River, 3/4 mile south of the old ford that crossed the river. August, 1904

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2513.jpg
The Solid Comfort Club at Fairview Place, July 21-August 4, 1891.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2512.jpg
Snapshot at Decatur Parks, July 17, 1910.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2511.jpg
A postcard advertising the Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration at the J.A. Young Cottage at Decatur Park near Brodhead, Wisconsin, 1906.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2510.jpg
A cottage on Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2509.jpg
Cottages on Decatur Lake near Brodhead, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2508.jpg
Horsedrawn carriages on a bridge over the Sugar River in Avon township, south of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2507.jpg
A steam tractor was collapsed the bridge over Allen Creek near Albany, Wisconsin. Mr. Pryce was killed in the accident.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2506.jpg
Before and after photos of a tornado at the George Meythaler Farm near Hanover, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2505.jpg
Flood waters on the Sugar River at Albany, Wisconsin, September, 1915.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2504.jpg
A house is surrounded by flood waters of the Sugar River near Albany, Wisconsin, September, 1915.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2503.jpg
Flood waters on the Sugar River at Albany, Wisconsin, September, 1915.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2502.jpg
The dam at Albany, Wisconsin

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2501.jpg
Bridge at Riverview on Ten Eyck Road west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Possibly called Christiansen Park.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2500.jpg
Flooding of the Sugar River along Decatur Road, northwest of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2499.jpg
Construction of the Highway 11 bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1976.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2498.jpg
Construction of the Highway 11 bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1976.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2497.jpg
Construction of the Highway 11 bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin in 1975.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2496.jpg
A side view of the Clarence covered bridge, showing floor damage. The bridge spanned the Sugar River at Pine Bluff west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2495.jpg
A view of the underside of the CLarence covered bridge after a truck broke through the floor.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2494.jpg
The Clarence covered bridge at Pine Bluff, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2493.jpg
An elevated view of the CLarence covered bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Note the people standing in the foreground.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2492.jpg
The Clarence covered bridge over the SUgar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2491.jpg
A panorama shot of the Clarence covered bridge over the Sugar River west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2490.jpg
A colorized postcard showing the Clarence covered bridge west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2489.jpg
Clarence covered bridge over the Sugar River, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Built in 1864-65, the bridge was closed to traffic in 1931. The picture was possibly taken by a photographer from the "Journal".

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2488.jpg
The old Clarence covered bridge west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Built in 1864-65, it was closed to vehicle traffic April 22, 1931.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2487.jpg
Clarence Covered Bridge on Route 20, near Bluff View Park west of Brodhead, Wisconsin.

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2486.jpg
A group of people stand near the Clarence Covered Bridge at the entrance to the Bridge Inn restaurant, just west of the bridge on the north side of the road, west of Brodhead, Wisconsin. From left, Marvin Stabler, Blanche Springsted and Charles…

http://www.brodheadhistory.org/bhsimages/images/2485.jpg
The Clarence Covered Bridge on Route 20 west of Brodhead, Wisconsin, with the floor destroyed by truck. Under the bridge; Ira Coates, Juda, his niece Mary Alice Dunwidde, his nephew Roger Dunwidde, Juda. Bridge was built in 1865.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2