Brodhead, Wisconsin Centennial Parade - June 24, 1956 - Oldest married couple, Chris & Emma Gempler. They lived in Spring Valley township and were married 67 years when he died in 1960.
Minor flooding in the Brodhead, Wisconsin city dump. The city dump was along side the west bank of the Mill Race bank from Decatur Road to the head gates.
The Brodhead Dry Cleaners was a small building on the northwest corner of West Exchange Street and West Second Avenue in Brodhead, Wisconsin. The business was operated by "Laz" Montgomery in the late 1950's and 1960's. The building is no longer…
The dedication of The Brodhead Community Cabin at the School District of Brodhead Arboretum. The arboretum is located at the intersection of 25th Street and West 5th Avenue in Brodhead, Wisconsin. The cabin was the original Henry Clay Putnam Cabin…
The Brodhead Creamery was above and along the Race after the spillway from the power plant. The address was along the 12 & 13 hundred block of Eleventh Street. The building no longer exists. This picture is dated 1882. The creamery produced…
Brodhead, Wisconsin Depot circa 1914, looking east, with a passenger train boarding on the main track. A boxcar sits on the house track south of the depot. The windmill in the background supplies water to the water tower for the steam locomotives.
Raising the American and State flags at the newly renovated depot museum in Brodhead, Wisconsin. From left: Jerry Earleywine, Don Walters, and Truman Olin.
The Milwaukee Road depot in Brodhead, Wisconsin with a freight train on the main track at left and the Fairbanks-Morse H10-44 display locomotive in primer paint on the freight track at right. View is looking east.
The Brodhead, Wisconsin Depot with a Milwaukee Road Hy-Rail truck parked outside. Note the old Standard station attached to the Bank of Brodhead at left.
On Friday night February 8, 1907 a fire destroyed the southeast half of the 1000 block of downtown Brodhead, Wisconsin. The fire started when a leaking gasoline stove was lite and an explosion occurred. It started in the T. Hellerud Saloon.…
Brodhead, Wisconsin Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church Get Together Class in front of the old church on their tenth anniversary. Those known in the picture: Dr. Melvin & Helen Stuessy, Don & Ruth Schwartz &son Kenneth, Ralph & Helen Jones,…
The photo depicts the Brodhead Stone Flour Mill, at 1201 Eleventh Street, Brodhead, Wisconsin. The mill existed from May 31, 1863 - 1929. The mill produced 100 barrels of flour per day. The photo shows a wall collapse that happened in August of…
Brodhead Gospel Hall. purchased from The Bethlehem Lutheran Church in 1966. The building was built in 1872 by the Baptist assembly. The building can be found on the corner of Tenth Street and First Center Avenue. The Gospel Hall Assembly began in the…
The Brodhead Hardware Company - later Pierce Hardware at 910 - 912 West Exchange Street in Brodhead Wisconsin. J. B. Pierce started in the hardware business in Monticello, Wisconsin on August 10, 1891, with his brother-in-law. In January of 1902 he…
The high school band marches in the Fourth of July parade in Brodhead, Wisconsin. In the row nearest the camera is Jeff Olson, Lynette Douglas, Susan Walker, Kelly Schwartzlow and Kelli Cowan.
The Grand Opening of the new high school in Brodhead, Wisconsin. L - R Steve McNeal high school principal, Dennis Schwartz school board president, Doug Pinnow school board vice- president.